Sunday, June 07, 2009

"The Secret"

Tadi terjumpa M**a online. Sembang2 dengan dia pasal dissertation. Member tu kat oversea, dapat research grant. Tengah mengerjakan otot2 otak dia untuk siapkan journal article. I asked her how to motivate myself to write my dissertation and she told me about "The Secret" - it's a book, but seriously, I had never heard about it until M**a mentioned it.

So, in this book, it tells the readers to focus on our goals and aims. E.g. My short-term goal is to submit my dissertation by September. So I have to focus on this goal, and 'imagine' that I've already submitted it. By doing so, I am 'expected' to be motivated by the 'imagination'. Aku rasa tak silap aku itulah maksud M**a (we 'went missing' during the conversation). Tapi sekarang nilah kan, kalau aku 'imagine' that I've already submitted the dissertation - the lurking danger is - aku akan buat selamba ya-pa-pa la sampai September nanti. Bila Mr.L*** soh buat submission, habis aku!!

Erm, mungkin aku kot silap paham pe M**a cakap. Maybe what she was trying to say is - always practice positive self-talk. Maksudnya, bercakap la perkara2 positif pada diri sendiri, contohnya: MALAYSIA BOLEH! hehehehe... ok2, serius sket... contohnya: I CAN COMPLETE THIS DISSERTATION BY SEPTEMBER. I WILL SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION BY SEPTEMBER. I WILL COMPLETE MY MA THIS YEAR!!!

***

Yeayyyy, alhamdulillah...thank you M**a for the motivational tips. Sekarang aku sambung analysis aku ye.

Goodnight people and have a good weekend!

Salam alaikum

No comments: