Sunday, May 17, 2009

Me against the toilets!

I didn't realize that my Kota Samarahan entry was published unfinished. I had earlier tried publishing it, but a pop-up window kept on appearing and telling me there's an error etc.

So, basically the conclusion from the Kota Samarahan thingy - I'm not prepared to go to Sarawak, but if I am offered a place there, I'd consider going there...

***

I just came back from Kelantan. Went there for a TOT course for four days. We started off from college at 8.15am and arrived at Machang at about 4.20pm. An 8-hour journey, very tiring but we had a very funny and entertaining bus driver! He could sing very well too, you know! And to our horror, he also has the ability to drive and sing at the same time. You know, driving a bus is a BIGGER responsibility than driivng a car. So, I guess, if he could multitask, why not hahahaha! Gila kan!

I like Kelantan, its 'warmth' and serenity, but I do have some issues with its cleanliness and level of hygiene (read: general impression i.e. things that I saw and experienced in my very brief stay(s) in Kelantan - no offence ok...I do have Kelantanese friends who are very hygiene and I know one particular kakak who is very particular about cleanliness and keeping everything tidy and in order. Even if there's one senget book on her table, she would quickly re-arrange the whole stack of books. So, you cannot overgeneralize and say Kelantanese do not care about cleanliness lah kan). When we stopped at Gua Musang for a quick bite, we went to a toilet near the surau, the toilets were 'oklah' except for the fact that one of them had its door shut and we didn't have the guts to test our luck - better don't than sorry! Then we went to a nearby restaurant, it had many tables but not so many people. Then only I realized that all the M buses stop there for lunch and dinner. We arrived slightly earlier than the buses so we didn't have problems to find tables. Unfortunately, the food served (nasi campur and lauk pauk lah) was not-so-fresh. The ikan sambal tasted basi, stale kaw2 and smelled funny. Ikan goreng plak minyak selori... And when I wanted to wash my hands before eating, I almost puked! Doi...sinki kau! But, here was where I had to put theory into practice - your mind controls everything! I shifted my focus to the food, tapi food plak basi... Aiyakkkk! My mind cannot tipu my lidah lah! Luckily the air bekwoh (tak tau betul tak eja) was ok, not too sweet...as soon as I finished, I qucikly washed my hands, paid the bills and went straight back into the bus. I really cannot tahan the enviro of the kedai la. It seemed quite clean tapi, the sink and the food (THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS!!!) were the biggest spoilers!

The night before we headed back to KL, the organizer was kind enough to bring us to Waqaf Che Yeh. My friends had nasi kerabu, and that was the best nasi kerabu we have ever tasted (tapi yerlah, sepanjan 4 hari kat kelantan, itu jelah nasi kerabu yang sempat kitorang rasa - tapi kalau nak compare dengan nasi kerabu KL, hmmm...memang takde class ah yang kat KL ni hehehe).

Before we went back to KL, we headed to KB - jalan2 la konon! Bought keropok sira, yummy! tinker pesan tu! tapi shopping terhad la sebab masa sikit, bak kata mat senget, 1 jam 45 minit.. tak sempat la nak tawar2 etc.

We stopped at a 'food court' near Machang. Went to the toilet...ya Allah, ngeri weih! dah la jauh kat belakang, belakang, belakang kedai! Kena bayar 30sen tapi...erm, ngeri ah! malas nak cite!

We prayed maghrib+isya at the surau...but the smell really kacau our concentration lah! Memang tak khusyu'! After dinner, we headed home.

Halfway through the journey we stopped for gas. There were two toilets, one for male, the other for female. We had to Q, panjang giler! Su siap amek gambar la as proof la konon hehehehe. And as expected, the toilet takde la bersih sangat...tapi lebih baik dari kat Machang. But there's one problem ... kalkatu (did I spell it right?) kalkatu dalam kuantiti yang sangat banyak sampai boleh masuk dalam baju. Uish ngeri2!

We finally continued our journey after everybody had returned from the toilet. No more stopping after this unless emergency - we were told by the bus driver...The karaoke session in the bus had started after our stop in Machang at about 8pm. Tapi start pukul 9 sampai pukul 12, ade sorang mamat je menyanyi. dah la sore tak sedap, pastu lirik tak tau pun dia hentam je, orang lain nak nyanyi, baru halfway dia dah mintak mic. gilo apo! ntah lah...kitorang siap dajalkan dia rakam nyanyi lagu tahpape...aku rasa dia mabuk cinta ah hahahaha, takpun mabuk mic! takpe...tunggu jelah kat youtube nanti hahaha..Su I leave everything to you, YOU'RE THE BEST!!! hahahaha

***

Overall, our trip to Kelantan was pretty interesting. Many things happened and did not happen tapi nanti la bila2 ada masa I'll write more about it (or maybe not hahahah)

HAPPY TEACHER's DAY to everybody! Jadi cikgu memang best!

***

Goodnight.

Salam alaikum.

2 comments:

saljuhumairah said...

Layan nostalgia...whateva..sorry for everything...InsyAllah, jika saya yang conduct next event..i'll do my best..as i can.so..sory...and terimas sbb dtg melawat..hehe"perasan".....

"SELAMAT HARI GURU"

dgr lagu nih..nostalgila beb..masa sek. ren.dulu2
Kami guru Malaysia
Berikrar dan berjanji
Mendidik dan memimpin
Putra putri negara kita

Pada Seri Paduka
Kami tumpahkan setia
Rukun Negara kita
Panduan hidup kami semua

Di bidang pembangunan
Kami tetap bersama
Membantu, membina
Negara yang tercinta

Amanah yang diberi
Kami tak persiakan
Apa yang kami janji
Tunai tetap kami tunaikan

Lagu & Lirik : Hashim Ahmad

lieawulf said...

hehehe...sham...selamat hari guru! walaupun dah tuka profession, tapi once a teacher, always a teacher! ;D