Wednesday, September 14, 2005

SMILEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

This, unfortunately the second time it happened.

(I told myself not to go to the Starbucks outlet in Giant anymore, but I went there last Monday - no rhumba frappucino, but raspberry frappucino instead hehehe).

The barista, this time I made a mental note on her name - Le**n, was an unfamiliar face (according to tinker lah, bcos she's the one yang selalu menjenguk dan melepak kat Starbucks ni). Note this: SHE WASN'T FRIENDLY AT ALL!!!

When we stepped into the cafe, till we were given our drinks, I didn't see a smile gracing her face at all! what do you expect? we're talking about servicing the customer in Malaysia lah, THE country where people are supposed to be polite and courteous.

After we paid for the drinks, she said to us "Go and get your drinks at the other counter" - ada masalah pitching sikit di situ (pitching ke laut - bak kata tuuuut!!! hehehe), we're not dumb OK! We can hear perfectly!

My advice is if you're not the customer-friendly type of person, don't work at the front counter lah. Pergilah kerja yang tak perlu bersua muka dengan customer, contohnya membasuh pinggan di dapur ke - itu pun kira kerja di belakang tabir, ok apa.

I admit that I'm not the so friendly type of person too, some people think I'm a snob, but at least, I've learned to smile (a lot!!) now. This is one of the little, little things that could make people happy, and could make you look more approachable and pleasant. So, from today onwards let's learn to smile.

(Prema, the DJ at RadioKL, would usually begin her show by asking people to smile...lama tak dengar RadioKL)

No comments: