Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My first visualisation session

Apart from writing design documents and storyboards, IDs also have to explain and clarify the ideas (animation, graphic, sound fx etc.) that they have put forward in the storyboards to the GDs and programmer. This session is called the visualisation process - IDs kinda help GDs and programmer to visualise the storyboards.

Today, I had the chance to talk and explain about my storyboard on some marine growth issues to my GD and the head ID (programmer MIA). Anxious at first, because I seldom speak to anyone in this office. When I speak, the makcik cleaner will most of the time be the listener.

At about 10 minutes to lunch break, the head ID called the GD and I to the discussion room. Alamak, dah la orang lapar ni!! So, I obediently dragged my chair to the room and sat down quietly as usual.

When the ID asked me to visualise the storyboard, I had no difficulties to begin as I had earlier carefully arranged my words and ideas in my mind (well, you know my ideas are most of the time scattered! hence, the existence of SDT). Unfortunately, during this very crucial moment of portraying the self-confident Alia, my tummy decided to perform a gamelan show. Wah lau! So embarrassed!! I could feel my cheeks turning red and I prayed hard that my GD friend and my head ID would be deafened (grammar check: betul ke ni?) to such sound. I was soo damn sure at least the GD who was sitting few inches away from me could hear the sound, arggghhhhh...malu gilak ni!!

Again and again my tummy produced orchestral score, begging me to go and grab my lunch. When the session was finally over, I thanked God for sparing me from an even bigger embarrassment! Ala...macam lah perut depa tak berkeroncong time depa lapaq! Ceh!

***

Attention to my head ID - tolonglah buat meeting ke discussion ke, apa-apa lah di waktu pagi ataupun selepas lunch break. My stomach also has a very strict routine. Am I not the Fire of Sun - deeply in love with routines?

No comments: